To create a global approach on the protection of privacy and to allow internal data transfers between ATA companies worldwide, ATA has adopted Binding Corporate Rules called the ATA Privacy Rules. You can find more information on the ATA Privacy Rules on the ATA privacy website (www.ata.pw)
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
• Buying ATA products and services online;
• Activating or registering certain products and services or enhancing functionality;
• Receiving information about ATA products and services;
• Participating in ATA online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs;
• Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from ATA;
• Helping us to develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimise customer services and continuously improve our websites;
• Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing ATA to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
• Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues;
• Receiving personalised messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the ATA websites/social media/blogs.
When you deal with ATA on behalf of a business customer, supplier, or business partner, we ask you to provide us with personal data for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
• Managing customer relationships
• Facilitating information access
• Enhancing communications
• Analysing and understanding customer interactions
• Implementing security programs
• Helping ATA participate in certification programmes
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with ATA, for instance by registering at ATA, purchasing a product or interacting with ATA via our ATA pages, e.g. "like us on Facebook", we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
• Your name;
• Your email address;
• Your telephone number;
• Your social media profile;
• Your gender;
• Your age;
• Information about the products and services you have purchased;
• Your usage of and activities on our ATA pages;
• Your interests; and
• Other information related to your online behaviour.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our ATA pages, certain personal data may be shared with ATA about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted, etc.
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
• Your IP address;
• Your cookie ID;
• Your web browser;
• Your location;
• The web pages you visit on our websites;
• The advertisements you've viewed or clicked through;
When you interact with ATA on behalf of a business customer, supplier or business partner of ATA, we may collect:
• Your name
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your picture
• Your IP address
• [personal details that may come up in the scope of the business relationship, e.g. your hobbies, age)
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with ATA in several ways, including, but not limited to:
• Registering as a member of ATA;
• Registering a purchase or service;
• Your communications with ATA. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests that you addressed to us;
• Communicating with one of our ATA Customer Care representatives by email, phone or in writing;
• Ordering a product or service;
• Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
• Participating in a social media activity related to a ATA promotion, e.g. clicking "like" or "share";
• Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
• Subscribing to a ATA newsletter;
• Sending us a completed reply card, included with your ATA product;
• Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
• Social sign-on, e.g. using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or log on;
• When using ATA connected products/services and/or apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with ATA, e.g. sharing your usage data or your location data;
• Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
• Social Listening: ATA may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
When you interact with ATA as a business customer, supplier or business partner:
• Registering purchases
• Provisions of services with ATA
• Communications with ATA
• Developing partnerships
• When accessing ATA facilities or systems
• Participating in fairs, events or promotions
• Voluntarily participating in testing or surveys
Personal data may also reach us when we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want ATA to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at the ATA privacy website (www.ata.pw).
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, ATA may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (business partner). The agreements with these business partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded. We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
ATA may also disclose your data to other companies such as IT and communications service providers, testing companies, data management support partners and other parties bearing a necessary relationship for ATA to provide its services.
When you interact with ATA as a business customer, supplier or business partner, ATA may disclose personal data available in reports and other materials provided by you and/or your company pursuant to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
ATA will disclose personal data only in conformance with this privacy notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, ATA may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. For this purpose, we refer you to the ATA privacy website (www.ata.pw) where you can exercise your rights. On this website you can also pose other privacy questions or file your privacy complaints.
You can also delete or change the privacy settings of your My ATA account by logging in to your account and accessing your "personal settings".
You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity in our commercial messages to you.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so that we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other ATA companies in different locations around the world, which may communicate with you about ATA products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
If you do not want us to send you personalised offers or information, you can let us know by ticking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card, or by selecting "opt-out" on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to "opt-in" or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to "opt-in" before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Because ATA sells thousands of products and services in hundreds of countries, you may have previously provided us with your personal data through reply cards, via our call centres or in some other manner. Your decision not to register now will not affect the personal data you have already provided to ATA. Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from ATA or change your personal profile information as described under "Your Rights".
Do Not Track Signals
ATA takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. ATA utilises cookies to help you to get the most out of the ATA pages.
Please be aware that ATA currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser's Do Not Track signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the ATA pages, Flash cookies are also used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the ATA pages), certain personal data may be shared with ATA about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, comments and content you have posted/shared, etc.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across ATA websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from ATA, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-ATA-owned or managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
ATA may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of ATA by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. ATA makes use of organisational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar but in no way less restrictive requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your personal data
We recognise and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to ATA from loss, misuse or unauthorised access. ATA uses a variety of security technologies and organisational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
Special information for parents
While ATA websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is ATA policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children's information is collected, used or disclosed.
ATA strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at the ATA privacy website (www.ata.pw/privacy).
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that ATA provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that ATA provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the ATA pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
How to contact us
Contact us at the ATA privacy website.